Wednesday 3 November 2010

Guest Post: How I ended up studying marketing

This post is written by a guest contributor. Kevin started his degree at Strathclyde in September of 2010.

'I started my university career at Muenster University doing Business Administration (BSc). As time went by I figured that my main interest is based in marketing and I went to talk to my student adviser asking how to put more focus on the subject which suited me most. When he told me that there was no chance to do so, I decided to look for other alternatives.
Meanwhile a friend of mine started studying at Strathclyde Business School and kept telling me how much more interesting it is to study in Scotland than in Germany. In 2009 she invited me to stay a couple of days in Glasgow and I saw my chance to sneak into a first year marketing lecture, held by Dr. Harker. After reading a few chapters of “marketing an introduction” and some other English marketing books I decided to take the risk, leave the 2nd best German Business school and start over as a 1st year fresher at SBS in 2010.
The first weeks went past quite quickly and I met a lot new friends. SBS puts lots of efforts into the integration of foreign students; therefore I never experienced a feeling of not being welcome around here. The marketing lecture worked out as expected. Continuous work and preparation before the lectures and tutorials is essential; no surprises there. All in all I don’t regret that I chose to come to Glasgow and I can’t wait for what’s coming up next'.

1 comment:

  1. well,at least now we know why he knows your name

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - this isn't intended to be a formal place but please show consideration for others.